I'm finally done with my party tips guide. I know there is so much more, and I only wrote down the things of the top of my head. This is just some of the tips I've sucked up through all the magazines and online pages I've read, but you should be prepared :) I hope you like the guide, because I've spent some time writing and making the pictures. Enjoy!
- Use a volume shampoo and conditioner for extra big hair, or shine shampoo and conditioner for extra glossy hair
- Protect you hair with a heat treatment product
- Blow dry your hair (for extra volume blow dry your hair upside down)
- Pick a hairdo; curls, staright, or maybe updo. Be creative! Use some pretty flowers or clips to pimp it up if you'd like
- Use a product to collect split ends, and top it off with a hairspary with hold and shine to make it stay in place
- Clean your face and remove old make-up. Use wipes, cleansing milk and toner. Then put on some eye cream and face cream for a perfect moist screen before putting on the make-up
- After the cream has dried, put on foundation and concealer. I hope everybody know how to find their perfect match. No too light and not too dark. It's supposed to give you a natural glow. Add rouge or sun powder for an extra healty glow.
- Choose a couple of eye shadows that matches, black and white, silver and gray, light and dark brown, and go for a smokey eye effect. Who says that smokey eyes has to be all black and dark? Pick colors that makes you eye color pop! PS! Don't use blue shadow if you got blue eyes, green if you got green and so on. Browse the internet for some inspiration and try to follow the look as well as you can. Use a eye liner or a liquid eye liner for en extra intense look, and add lots and lots of mascara. If you feel like it: use fake eye lashes.
- Don't forget to pluck your eyebrows! This should be done the day before so you don't get all red. And maybe you want to color them with a long lasting color? Or just use a eye brow pencil. Not to dark!!! Spray some hairspray on an old tooth brush and brush the brows into shap, or use eye brow gel to make sure they don't get all wild during the night.
- Pick a light lipgloss with smokey eyes, or a red lipstick if your eyes are rather natural. Find your perfect shade and kiss away!
Body and nails:
- If you're going to use self-tanning: peeling and bodylotion are a must. Wash your hands often!
- If you're not gonna use self-tanning, then use a bodylotion with shimmer. That gives a sexy glow, especially if you're wearing a low cut dress.
- Your nails are very important! Remove all old nailpolish and put on a base coat, then you pick a color that matches your outfit, and put on a few coats. Use a product to make your nails dry faster, so you don't get any cuts. Finish with a layer of top coat, and the polish will stay on longer. You can put on the base coat and the first layer of color the day before, so you don't have to do it all at once.
- You can also get some fake nails for the occation. You can get long or short, natural looking or with shimmer, long lasting or press and go. The choise is yours!
- And don't forget to mosit your hands! A silky touch is the best touch!
- The final step is parfume. A girl without parfume is a girl without personality, so find your favorite and spary it on (for best result: spray behind you knees, inside of your elbows and the back of your neck - the places that gets hot and pours out the goodies).
- Plan your outfit days before the big occation! Browse the internet or go shopping. Try on a few dresses and pick the on that fits and are you. Then you get a pair of shoes, and some accessories, and don't forget your coat - it's the first thing everybody sees when you arrive. Be smart and wear low boots to and from, and put your heels in a big handbag with the rest of the stuff you need.
- Practise walking in your heels a few times before you leave the house. Wear them well, girls with bended knees are not sexy.
- Remember to bring an extra pair of pantyhose, touch up make-up, money, a cell phone with camera - good times should be captured, pepper spray... Ha, ha, just be prepared for every occation, okey!?
Have a helluva time, girls! :)
Did you find this guide useful? Leave a comment! :)
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.