I got this album last summer when I was on holiday. I checked it out at a record store first, and knew right away I had to buy it, and I couldn't wait to get in the car and crank it up 'til eleven!
It's a REALLY good album, and it's one of my favorites at the moment.
It's an on going theme on the album; seems like there's a man who has done her no good, and she lashes out on him on this record. Works for me!
I'm gonna walk you through the album, track by track:
1. Branded - Hello! Lita's back! Love this song! It got a really cool riff, and the vocals are raw and full of attitude. If you don't want to play air guitar and headbang to this song there's something seriously wrong with you!
2. Hate - God! The bass line in the beginning of the song is to die for, and the groove through out the song is just - ah, perfection! And the chorus catches on pretty fast, and I find myself singing it all the time.
3. The Mask - This is a really heavy song. The riff is so heavy groovy you just gotta love it! *Headbangs slowly*
4. Living Like A Runaway - I really like this song. It reminds me a litte of the song "We All Die Young" from the movie Rock Star. The song is about how she run off to start her carieer as a rocker. The chorus is easy to learn, and by the second time you have to sing a long.
5. Relentless - This is a really cool song, and you just want to dance dirty and rock out! It's really groovy and heavy, and the guitar solo is amazing! Gimme the skills now!
6. Mother - At first I thought "What the hell is this?" There's no secret that I'm not a big fan of ballades, and this was no exception, but the more I listen to it, the more it moves me. The lyrics are strong, the vocals are beautiful and you can really feel the pain and the love. Watch the music video!
7. Devil In My Head - This song reminds me a lot of "No More Tears" with Ozzy Osbourne (one of my favorite songs and albums), so I (and hopefully you) just gotta love it! Heavy, groovy, a bit deep and dark - just the way I like it!
8. Asylum - Heavy, dark, deep, great vocals and wonderful guitars. 'Nough said!
9. Luv 2 Hate U - A duete with Lita and Gary Hoey. My kind a love song! The vocals are a perfect togeter, and it's another great, heavy song. The only thing I don't like about it is that somewhere around 2.30 in the song he sounds a lot like Kurt Nilsen (Norwegian Idol), and I HATE that!!!
10. A Song To Slit Your Wrists By - The title sounds kinda emo, but the song is sooo cool! It should have been called "A Song To Kick Ass To!". It's partly written by Nikki Sixx from Mötley Crüe. Nikki and Lita actaully dated back in the 80s. Cool couple! Anyway, back to the song: catchy, groovy, rough and funky! Love it! Perfect ending on a perfect album.
I know this was a much longer metal mania than usual, but when every song is so cool, I just couldn't help it!
I hope you took the time to listen to some of the songs. Any favorites?
And yes, I know I use the words "really", "heavy", "groovy" and "cool" a lot, but I find it hard to write about music. I just love to listen, and you should see my face when a song makes me ecstatic. I love it when riffs make me feel like a kid in a candy store. Hard rock and heavy metal is life, and I have no idea what I would have done without! \m/
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.