I know I tell very little about myself here on the blog, but I don't know what to tell. What do you guys want to know, if you want to know anything at all?
I've gotten a lot more readers lately, so maybe I should write a litte about myself?
So if you want some facts, keep readin':
- I've loved hard rock and heavy metal since I was twelve, so for ten years this year.
- My favorite bands are Mötley Crüe, Whitesnake, Dio, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Skid Row, W.A.S.P., Twisted Sister, ZZ Top, Y&T, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, and many more.
- TJ and I have been together for seven years this year on May 28th, and engaged for seven years this year on October 15th. We've lived together for about six years, and we're planning to get married in Las Vegas at a KISS "Hotter Than Hell" Wedding Chapel :)
- We formed Grimskull in 2009, and I joined the band as a bass-player because I was tired of standing on the line watching TJ and Geir kickin' ass on stage. I wanted some of the action too. I was the one who came up with the band name years ago when I played Guitar Hero.
- I have a weakness for studs, leather, leopard print, band tees and everything edgy that reminds me of 80s hard rock and heavy metal style. I buy studs because Rob Halford from Judas Priest wears studs, not because it's trendy. I wear leather jackets because it's the symbol for rock and roll rebelness. So if you're a chick who wears leather becuse it's "hip and cool" and listens to Rihanna: LEAVE THE METAL STYLE ALONE!!! (I'm gonna write a post on this matter later on).
- I don't drink or party. I can't stand the taste of alcohol, and a crowded place where airheads scream their troats soar over techno music is not my cup of tea. I'd rather have a coca cola and go see a metal show.
- I loooove to sleep! I can sleep for twelve hours if I got they next day off. But I also love to stay up late at night, so I'm rather tired when I have to work because I've just gotten about five or six hours of sleep.
- I love to watch movies and TV shows. My favorite movies are Pretty Woman, What a Girl Wants, Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Freaky Friday, Mannequin, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Music and Lyrics, 17 Again, Flashdance, Transformers and many more. My favorite TV shows are Sex and the City, Frasier, Home Improvement, Seinfeld, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Full House and more.
- I love to read, but I haven't read a book since last year. I've started to read Vince Neil's biography, and I've started reading Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy sometime last year. Gotta get better on the reading front from now on. I got soooo many books laying around waiting to be read. My favorite book series are Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, the Twilight books, the Confessions of a Shopaholic books and more.
- I love hamburger and fries! The one TJ makes is the best, and I would have choosen it for my last meal!
- Last fact: I got a minor shopping-problem... But maybe it isn't a problem since I'm not bankrupt and can afford it? But when you got about fifthy pairs of shoes, and x amout of everything, you should stop right? Or maybe not... You know what they say:
So, did you enjoy some of the facts? Why don't you leave me a comment and tell me something about yourself? :)
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.