I know I don't write much about my life and post that many pictures from it. Mainly because I don't care reading about other peoples life and see too many pictures of lifes I don't live. Some is good, because I am curious and want to know what's up, but too much is simply too much, and ain't good for anybody.
With that being said, here's some facts about me and my life:
- I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend TJ for nine years, we've also been engaged for almost that long
- We live together in a one bedroom apartment with our cat Shandi
- I play bass in the heavy metal band Grimskull, TJ sings and plays guitar, and my "brother-in-law", TJ's brother Geir, plays the drums
- Grimskull was started in 2009, and we got one album called "Monster Master" out plus a single called "Iron Eyes" with Blaze Bayley from Wolfsbane and Iron Maiden. We're working on an EP and a new album at the moment.
- On a daily basis I work at Cubus as a visual merchandiser (decorator in a simplier term) and have been doing that for almost four and a half years. Work is fun and I can't complain, since I dropped out of high school and make a living anyway.
- When I don't work or make music, I love to watch movies and tv-shows. I love 80s movies and chick flicks, but some action and superhero stuff is also good. My favorite movies are Pretty in Pink, Young Guns, The Breakfast Club, Star Wars, Spider-Man, Satisfaction, Somekind of Wonderful, Back to the Future and Pretty Woman. Favorite tv-shows are Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Frasier, The Nanny, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Home Improvement, Sex and the City and According to Jim (plus A LOT more movies and shows!). My favorite actors are Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks, and my favorite actress is Juila Roberts.
- I also love listening to music (duh!) and I prefer hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal and some power metal, but I also like 80s pop music. My favorite bands are Judas Priest, Gamma Ray, Saxon, Megadeth, Mötley Crüe, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Dio, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, Testament, Doro/Warlock, Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Helloween, Andi Deris, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Pink Cream 69, W.A.S.P., ZZ Top, Motörhead, Whitesnake, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, Skid Row, Winger, Van Halen, Fastway, Y&T and many more. When it comes to 80s music, I don't have a preference, just random cool songs in 80s movies.
- I also like to read, but don't read as many books as I'd like to during a year. I mostly read band biographies, some si-fi, action and thrillers, and some chick lit. I don't have a favorite book, but I enjoyed reading the Stieg Larsson books, the Hunger Games books, the Divergent books and the Shopoholic books.
- When I don't watch, listen or read, I love customizing band t- shirts and making battle jackets/vests. I'm always buying t-shirts, patches and studs, and got a project going almost all the time. I also got a sewing maching, but haven't had the patience to learn how to use it yet. But someday I'll probably learn the basics, and will make some tote bags out of band t-shirts, and maybe make big band t-shirts into fitted tops, dresses and skirts. Who knows? :)
- I love food, and my favorite meal is burger and fries. And I'm a sucker for cakes! But I try not to stuff my face.
- I don't work out. I like to dance, but don't do it very often, but I try to walk almost every day. Other than that, I try to do some exercises, but I often give up because I find working out so damn fuckin' boring I rather spend my time otherwise.
- I like my surrendings nice and clean, so I clean a lot and try to keep the decorating simple (mostly black and white with metallic details and some Star Wars swag).
- I shop... A LOT... I online shop several times a week, and love getting stuff in the mail. I don't buy expensive stuff, I love a good bargin. And I rather visit a big city to go shopping than camping or spending time in the sun by the beach when I'm on holiday.
- I'm planning on doing an own post on my style, but I think it's safe to say that I love black, studs, spikes, leather, skulls, denim (ripped) and every thing 80s hard rock and heavy metal inspired. I'm not an extreme hair metal/ sleaze rocker dresser, I keep it rather simple and more plain heavy metal. Not much big hair and glitter overload, but I'm inspired by a lot of bands and looks, and try to make the inspo suitable for me. I really don't care about fashion, and stopped reading fashion blogs and magazines a long time ago. I wear what I want when I want, and I'm gonna walk all over you!
Some random facts to wrap things up:
- I love collecting CDs and vinyl records
- I love going to concerts
- My favorite bass players are Steve Harris and Gene Simmons
- I'm a metalhead thanks to Dio's "Holy Diver", Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Whitesnake's "Still Of The Night". I've been a metalhead for over 12 years, and I hope I always will be. Hard rock and heavy metal gives me everything and more. Life feels better, easier and just sooo much more fun with metal. Horns up! Metal will never die! Metal is the law! \m/
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.