I think I got a thing for feathers... I got four necklaces and six pairs of earrings. I think feathers are very chic, and it's an interesting element in an outfit. Latest addition to my collection is the black feather necklace and the neon pink feather earrings. Here's a couple of pictures:
Outfit: Leopard Printed Tunic
Haven't worn this tunic in a looong time, but I really like it, so it always survives when I'm cleaning out my closet.
As you probably have noticed, I've deleted my sales blog, and I ended up thowing five bags of clothes to people who needs it more than I do. A sales blog is just a waste of time! I don't like buying used clothes, so why should anybody else? If you've bought it, you've bought it. A bummer or a keeper. Use it or lose it! Well, enough about that, here's today's outfit:
Best Outfits Of 2011 Part I
I've been browsing through all my outfit pictures from 2011. And I've picked 24 outfits that I like. I must say that my style has changed very much, and are constantly going through changes. I've been through flower print, harem pants, jumpsuits, hippie chick, classical, rock chic and you name it. I've tried so many things, but think that's how I like it too, because settling can be boring for an all over kinda person. I dress the way I feel like dressing, but I'm trying to find my style. I can see a pattern, so I ain't that lost :)
I think my style got better during the summer, and I loved taking my pictures outside by the stairway. Can't wait for it to be lighter outside so I can do that again. Great light and neutral background.
I'm planning to post "What Defines My Style" and "Into My Closet" later on. And "Best Outfits Of 2011 Part II". Stay tuned! :)
Well, maybe not Hermes, but Tokyo Jane :) I found the bracelets of my dreams a few days ago, and it was 40-50% off or something at members.com. I think it looks a lot like some of the bracelets from Hermes, so I searched for some inspo pictures. Now I'm really lookin' forward to get it in the mail and wear it everyday! :)
I finally got to wear my new faux fur today. The weather has been rather bad, but today the sky was blue.
You feel very glamorous when you put on a fur jacket, and that's a feeling I can like :)
Since I had the day off, we went to Måløy to have a looksee at their new mall, and to see Geir. Then we watched MGP and ate a delish pizza. Now we're going to watch Sidney White.
Here's today's outfit:
How To Avoid A Mispurchase
We've all been there... Buying a piece of clothing that didn't turn out the way we wanted. Too big, too small, just doesn't fit right. Or maybe it did fit your body, but not your mind?
Finding your style, and buying stuff that fits your personality, isn't easy. What do you like, and what do you hate? Here's my guide how to avoid mispurchases, and getting the wardrobe you've always wanted:
- Define your style! Is it classical, rock chic, casual cool, sporty, romantic, or a mix? My style is simple, feminie and rock chic. I think less is more, and I want to wear clothes that fit my figure, and I love elements of leather, skulls and studs.
Take a look into your closet and see what you got. Jeans, skirts, black, lots of colors? Organize you closet by color and type, so when you need a pair of jeans and a black tank top, you know where to find it. And get rid of clothes you don't wear, that doesn't fit, and that you just don't like anymore. Get a fresh start!
- When you get a picture of your style, you also get a picture of what's not your style. Write down things you know you should not be buying, becasue you know you get sick of it in the end.
I don't like colors, polkadots, harem pants, flower prints, and a lot more, so I try not to buy any of these. It depends on the piece of clothing, of course, but you know that in the end, it's not you, and you will stop wear it.
- Write a list of what you actually need. Black pants, dark denim and light denim jeans, black and white tank tops, black and white tees, a black blazer, a pair of ankle boots. What would be your perfect basic wardrobe? When you got all the basics, then you can start playing with trends. But only follow the trends you like, and that are very close to the style you already got. Don't go bananas and be someone you're not. It won't last.
I've tried a few trends over the years, maritime style, cow-girl, double denim and so on; horrible! Hated it, got rid of it all, and never went there again. It's okay to try and fail a couple of times, but in the long run, you know you're better of being you and getting another pair of Converse than a pair of ballerina shoes.
- When you shop on sale, have this in mind: would you have bought it if it was full price? If yes, go for it. If no, put it back. Don't buy it just because it's a great deal, it will probably be just another wasted piece in your closet. And another thing, take a good look at the clothes that you are buying. Are the buttons okay, the zipper, are there any spots or holes? Missing any studs? If there's something defect, tell the cashier, and you might get some percents off, but ask yourself: Can you fix it? Or will you wear something that's broken? If not, just forget about it. If yes, okay, get it.
- If you're having inspiration problems or just doesn't seem to go anywhere with you style; find yourself a style icon. If they got the same size and hight as yourself, it's a bonus, because then it will be even easier to get dressed. Just be a copycat. It's okay, we all do it sometimes.
I hope you find this guide useful, and remember: Fashion is fun, so have fun! Rules are made to be broken. Take chances and be a fashion rebel! It works if you work it!
Outfit: Studded Tank And Blazer
I know I don't write much when I post stuff, but I don't like reading about other peoples days either, I know how boring it is. I work, watch a lot of movies and TV-shows.I read magazines and books, make some music, go places, but nothing that's mentionable here on the blog. How many ways are there to tell that you've watched another movie? Maybe the name of the movie, but who cares? And I know I online shop a lot, it's an addiction, but I like it. I like to get stuff in the mail :) And I usually do the opposite of what I write... When I say I'm going to post someting, I mostly end up not doing it. I'd rather just play it by ear :)
Anyway, here's today's outfit:
Outfit: Debbie Harry Tank
H&M sure got some great stuff. I ordered a cool jeans and a couple of light and casual sweaters a few days ago. Great to just throw on and go; casual cool :)
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.